Sunday, December 22, 2013

The Wisdom We Acquire


Remember the days old when we knew everything? We know now we barely knew enough just to get by. Oh how we've grown. I think the process is referred to as maturity. If you live long enough it puts you through the ringer. That my friends is how one gains wisdom.

The truth about the more you know
The process of learning can be quite annoying. Why? Simply, if you truly get the gist of the art of living and knowledge you come to a realization. The more you know, the more you comprehend there's even more to know out there. The process of obtaining knowledge is neverending.

Is all knowledge considered wisdom?
I'm unclear about that. You see relationships and the perception of knowledge evolve. At one point you are deemed wise and all knowing. Over time that degrades. At times you can be lowered to the rank of being judged outright stupid. Well, I guess if I do possess that knowledge, I have gained some wisdom.
But I believe wisdom evolves from knowledge. At times wisdom is a form of self preservation especially when it comes to relationships. Lord knows I've been lauded for my lack of knowledge and have had the wisdom to hold my tongue about it.

In finality
Besides payback being a ...well you know. Wisdom teaches us many lessons. One is humility. Two is when to look the other way. Three is …. and I can go on and on. You see the real knowledge to wisdom ratio is derive from learning the how, when and where of application.


Click The Links Below To Read My Posts





No comments:

Post a Comment